Welcome, and thank you for visiting Shiloh Community Church online. We hope that our website highlights the wide variety of worship, fellowship and service opportunities available. Please feel free to read more about our church on this site, or come in for a visit here in Pittsburgh. We would love to greet you and share with you our love for Jesus Christ and for you, our neighbor.
ABOUT SHILOH COMMUNITY
Honoring the Past, Embracing the Future & Enhancing the Future With Praise!
Shiloh Baptist Church was organized as a Mission at a meeting in the home of Mr. James Harper, Sr., in Allegheny City, now known as the Northside of Pittsburgh, in the Fall of 1882. There were twenty-two members and the late Rev. Isham Lafayette served as Pastor. Shiloh was recognized as a Baptist Church at a council meeting held in September of 1887. It was admitted as a member of the Pittsburgh Baptist Association in 1888. It remained a member until 1903 when it joined the Allegheny Association.
Community Baptist Church was a branch of Bethany Baptist Church. It was organized in 1934 by the late Maurice L. Gordon. The Church began as a Mission, located in the 7300 block of Frankstown Avenue. In 1935, the church moved to 1303 Collier Street where it remained until its merger with Shiloh. In the Spring of 1942, Rev. Gaines was called to the pastorate of Community Baptist.
Upon the merger of these two churches was born Shiloh Community Missionary Baptist Church. On the first Sunday in November, 1963, led by Rev. C. Leroy Hacker and Rev. Herbert H. Gaines, the two churches came together. Shiloh entered on the right side of the church led by their Pastor, Rev. C. Leroy Hacker. Community entered on the left side of the church, led by their Pastor, Rev. Hubert H. Gaines. Both groups met at the center aisle and what a beautiful sight it was! Pastor Gaines served with us for eight years. The Lord called him to glory in January of 1971.
Rev. Hacker pastored Shiloh Community for twenty seven years until his retirement in 1990. During his pastorship, we were blessed to be able to make improvements to both the exterior and interior appearance of the church. Over a twenty six year period, we purchased property adjacent to the church, added a ladies lounge, remodeled the kitchen, and put new carpeting in the sanctuary. Rev. Hacker was called home to glory in 1994.
In June of 1991, the Lord sent us a young, spirit filled minister, Reverend Hubert D. Hutcherson. In the time he has been with us, we have experienced a wonderful spiritual growth, beginning with the ordination of seven deacons, and the setting aside of eleven Deaconess. Their additions to Shiloh Community have helped the Pastor in reaching our increased membership, visits with the sick, and constant prayers. Our membership has increased not only on Sunday mornings, but also in our Sunday School and in our mid-week prayer meetings.
We thank God for what he has already done for us, and are looking for even greater things, as we render ourselves unselfishly to His service. Truly, the Lord has tremendously blessed Shiloh Community Missionary Baptist Church! And remember as Pastor Hutcherson always says
– "Through Christ, it can be done."
PASTOR REV. HUBERT D.
Pastor Rev. Hubert D. Hutcherson - Senior Pastor
Minister Edward DeBruce - Associate Minister
Rev. Pamela Denson - Associate Minister
Rev. David White - Associate Minister
Rev. Verdell Haley - Associate Minister
Rev. Louie Bates - Associate Minister
Deacon Albert Jenkins - Chairman of Deacon Board
Deaconess Lois Worthy - President of Deaconess
Michael Handley - Church Treasure
Deaconess Zenola Calloway - Women Bible Study Teacher
Mabel Davis - Senior President of Usher Board
Minerva Thomas - Chairwoman of Trustee Board
Kim Wilson - Sunday School Superintendent
William Terrell - Chief Security
Mabel Morton - Executive Assistant to Pastor
Broughton Ganaway - IT/Production Manager
Phylis Forston - Financial Administrator
Edward Kendeall Jr. - Minister of Music & Fine Arts